Installation of Appium Desktop in Windows.
To begin with, Appium Studio is an Open Source GUI app to install Appium Server that comes with all the pre-requisites to install Appium Server and use it for Mobile Automation. Moreover, it also has an Inspector Session which helps to get basic mobile apps information like xpath, element id , text name, etc. In addition to this, appium also have recorded to create boilerplate code to automate your mobile apps.
Now, lets begin with steps to install Appium in your windows system.
1. Go to official website of Appium i.e. http://appium.io/ (appium.io) and click on Download Appium Button.
2. Click on Appium-windows-1.21.0.exe file to download Appium for windows, as the file size is 246MB it can take time to download based on your internet speed.
3. Go to Downloads in your PC once Appium is downloaded and double click on the exe file of Appium.
4. Now, Appium Setup box will be displayed in few seconds after you double click on the exe file of Appium. It will ask you option for selecting the software available to all users or just yourself, there you can select option of your choice, however here I have selected anyone who uses this computer option, and then clicked on install button.
5. The given screenshot shows the progress of Appium installation in your device.
6. Click on the Finish button once the installation is done and also you can uncheck the checkbox of Run Appium if you do not want to run Appium immediately after installation, however if you want to Run Appium immediately after installation you can keep the check box of Run Appium as it is.
7. Once Appium is install, you will have the Appium ‘s Start Server window populated with default host and port option which you can change it if you want to. Also, the current Appium version being install is also mention on Start Server button.
8. Incase you receive popup of Windows Security Alert from firewalls, click on Allow Access.
9. After you click on the Start Server button, another new server window is launched with the given host and port number along with server logs given. If you want to add Desired Capabilities click on Inspector Session from the server log window.
10. Here, you can add Desired Capabilities for the application of your choice and click on Start Session.